Bison Mexican Casserole Recipe
This delicious Bison Mexican Casserole is a crowd-pleaser.
1 lb. Ground Bison
1 Lime Juiced
1 can Chopped Green Chiles (4 oz.)
1 package Neufchâtel Cheese
1 can Refried Beans
12 Corn Tortillas or Flour Tortillas (depending on whether you need it Gluten Free or not.)
1 container Your Favorite Salsa
1 package Red Cedar Bison Medium Taco Seasoning (or your favorite)
16 oz. Cheddar Cheese
Chopped cilantro (optional)
1. Brown ground bison and drain fat if necessary.
2. To browned ground bison add lime juice, taco seasoning and can of chopped chilis. Cook for a 2-5 minutes.
3. Turn off heat and add Neufchâtel Cheese, mix it in.
4. Start layering casserole in a pan. Salsa, tortillas, refried beans, another layer of salsa, grated cheese, another layer of tortillas, bison meat mixture, chopped cilantro (optional), another layer of tortillas topped with salsa and cheese.
5. Bake at 350 °F for 30 minutes or until bubbly and melted.
6. Serve! We enjoy it with guacamole, sour cream and salsa.