Bison Stir-Fry Recipe
Bison Stir-fry is simple, delicious and healthy.
1 lb. Bison Stew Meat or Fajita Meat
2 tsp. Grated Fresh Ginger
1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
2 tbsp. Lime Juice
2 cloves Garlic, chopped
2 tsp. Chili Paste
1/3 cup Soy Sauce or Tamari
1 tbsp. Rice Vinegar
1 tbsp. Red Miso
1 tsp. Fish Sauce
Veggies of your choice
Rice or Noodles
1. Cut Bison Fajita strips or Stew Meat into bite sized pieces. This helps your meat cook thoroughly without boiling in naturally released juices.
2. Pour fresh squeezed lime juice over meat and mix to ensure all the meat is covered in lime juice. Read The Science of Lime Marinade for more information about why this denaturing step is so useful with bison.
3. Make the stir-fry sauce by adding Grated Fresh Ginger, Dijon Mustard, chopped Garlic, Chili Paste, Soy Sauce or Tamari, Rice Vinegar, Red Miso and Fish Sauce together and stir.
4. Add 1/4 cup of stir-fry sauce to raw meat and allow to marinate.
5. In the meantime use 1/2 of the remaining stir-fry sauce to cook your vegetables. Turn down to simmer and set aside. Also cook your rice or noodles.
6. When you are ready to cook your meat drain off the marinade from the meat. It is very important not to boil your bison meat or it will get chewy.
7.Add bison fajita meat to a warm pan. Cook low and slow, turning often and draining any juices as they release. Drain the bison meat juices so that you do not boil your bison meat. You may need to drain the juices 1-3x during the 3-5 minutes of cooking time.
8. Drain any remaining juices from bison meat, add the other 1/2 of the stir-fry sauce, toss and serve with vegetables and side items of your choosing.
9. We like to sprinkle the entire dish with Umami Dust to add the fifth flavor.